I have truly NEVER heard an adoption story quite like this family. They will literally inspire the socks right off your feet. I met Heidi (super mom) 2 years ago when we first started our journey. I was a complete bloggy stranger, but she took the time often to encourage me. I mean, really encourage me!! The Weimer family are my adoption heroes- all 11 of them + one on the way- congrats Weimers on your big news! Don’t miss the opportunity to watch the promo video for their special documentary coming soon. I promise – you will be inspired!
A special quote from Heidi:
We are often asked WHY? Why would we adopt THREE kids, more-less SIX kids? Why would we do this? Why devote our lives to this “cause” (if you can truly even call it that).
- Because we believe that this life is not our own.
- Because we believe that in the end, it won’t matter what career ladders we climbed or financial investments we made or what gadgets we could afford. It will matter that six lives were saved.
- Because we have seen hopelessness firsthand in Ethiopia and elsewhere, but believe in all hope that each child is a child of God.
- Because we believe that the orphaned street child who plays street soccer on the rough pavement of the streets of Addis Ababa is no less valuable to the Creator than the polished child on a suburban soccer team here in America.
- Because we see nothing more worthy of our focus, time, resources, and lives.
- Because injustice is a wrong worth righting.
- Because the poor child is still a child.
- Because we know that, while adoption is not the solution in and of itself to the orphan crisis 143 million times over, we have seen with our own lives how it rescues the lives of those who can be adopted.
- Because we believe that Jesus died for redemption, not just for eternity, but for our lives on this planet and we believe we can be vessels of that redemption for children’s lives here.
- Because we know that, if it were our own flesh and blood, we would want someone to love them and call them family, too.
- Because, really, these kids are no different from your own. Not at all.
- Because it’s just not okay with us to say no to a child who needs a home when we have one.
- Because it’s just not okay with us to say no to a child who needs a family when we have one.
- Because it’s just not okay with us to say no to a child who needs room to thrive when we have room and can make room.
- Because it’s just not okay with us to do nothing.
- Because it won’t be okay with them if we do nothing.
- Because it’s just not going to be okay to do nothing.
“Rescue the perishing; don’t hesitate to step in and help. If you say, “Hey, that’s none of my business,” [i.e. “that’s not for me”] will that get you off the hook? Someone is watching you closely, you know— Someone not impressed with weak excuses.” -Proverbs 24:12 (The Message)
You can follow the Weimer’s on their blog- Blessings From Ethiopia daily for updates on their crazy family.
Promo for “3 by 3 by 3” Documentary from David Watson on Vimeo.